Trail Volunteers Needed for National Public Lands Day!
Celebrate National Public Lands Day by giving back to local trails!
Community volunteers needed for trail work in Millcreek Canyon.
This project is a partnership between Cottonwood Canyons Foundation, US Forest Service - Salt Lake Ranger District, Salt Lake City Public Utilities Watershed Division, Salt Lake County, the Wasatch Watershed Legacy Partnership, and Camp Tracy/Great Salt Lake Council/Boy Scouts of America. This project consists of a trail project on Saturday, September 29th. The purpose this project is to reroute a short section of trail that links the Desolation Trail to Thaynes Canyon Trail. The current grade and alignment of the link trail is too steep, resulting in significant erosion and drainage issues. Rerouting the link trail at a lower grade will prevent erosion and make the link trail more sustainable and user-friendly.
Please wear/bring: Long pants, close-toed shoes and work gloves. Please bring your own hat, sunglasses, sunscreen, water bottle, weather appropriate clothing, and personal items as needed in a daypack. All necessary tools will be provided.
A light breakfast will also be provided.
Saturday, September 29, 2012
7:30 AM - 12:00 PM
- Time: 7:30 am to noon.
- Work Site/Project: Trail Work on Desolation Trail /Thaynes Canyon Trail, Millcreek Canyon. Work will comprise of trail improvements and reroute work.
- Parking: Mandatory shuttle to work site from Park and Ride at 3900 S and Wasatch Blvd, beginning at 7:5 am. Shuttle back beginning at 11:45 am.
- Check in/registration: 7:30 am – 8:00 am at trailhead.
- Light Breakfast: 7:30 am-8:00 am
- Welcome/Safety Talk: 8:00 AM
- Groups Depart for work site: 8:20 AM
- Work til noon.
- Registration: Pre-registration required.
- All participants must register through the Public Lands Information Center.
- Email email@example.com
- Participants must be at least 13 years old to participate.
- Children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.